Thursday, May 26, 2011

Haven't been Updating

Ahh...
I'm sorry, followers! I haven't updated in about a month Y__Y I suck so much! Don't hate me. (I'm actually more worried about hating myself, 20 years down the road when I want to re-visit my semester in Japan. =])
Updating has become some sort of chore for me. Especially! adding photos. You guys really need to check out my Facebook, hehe. The photos come with captions and everything! It's very special. ^_^
Anyways, not much has happened since my last post. Except that's a total lie. I went to Osaka & Nara for Golden Week (the beginning of May). It was tons of fun ^_^ Dad bought us a super awesome hotel because he's the BEST, so I got to save a lot of money. I think that trip might be one of the things that sticks with me.
Another "exciting" thing that happened - perhaps - was last weekend, I went to stay at a Japanese family's house for "homestay." Only, it was really just a sleepover =] It was a lot of fun. I think I'd learn Japanese 10x faster if I was in homestay my entire semester, but... I do like my solitude at the dorms. They both have their pros/cons...
This weekend I'm visiting Kyoto! Just for a couple hours though. I'll be sure to try to update, haha ^_^
I have to be in a good mood... Lately I've been depressed, but not because I'm homesick anymore. I'm having a huge problem with my weight. I'm 5'4, maybe 5'5, and weigh 130lbs, which isn't awful, but none of my clothes fit when they're for 100lb girls, and it's really bringing me down. I can't wear anything without having a huge muffin top. Also, my stomach is ultimate beer belly. It's awful. And it definitely doesn't help that every Japanese girl here is stunning and slender and fit.
So instead of "hoping" I'll lose weight just by existing in Japan, I'm gonna try to start working out and eating healthy. It's Day #1! I woke up early this morning and jogged for 15 minutes (a lot for me! I was so dizzy afterward), and then tried a 10 minute ab exercise via youtube. I don't think my body was made for abs or exercise at all. I somehow managed to destroy my shoulder(!) and had to lie on the ground for like a whole 5 minutes before I could move again, haha. OH man, I'm going to kill myself. I need to find a personal trainer. I don't think I have the abs to do any exercise with them... I need help xD
Anyway, the jogging and the abs took about 30 minutes. I'm gonna do it again later tonight, so that'll be a full 60 minutes of activity a day. And I'm also cutting out all junk food, including soda and alcohol. I have an "occasionally" only rule. Meaning, hey if my friends have money & I'm out, then go ahead and drink. -- Oh and I'm gonna try not to eat anything after 6pm, because of ... science ...
So, hello month of counting calories and destroying my body! I really hope I can keep up with this. I really want to be skinny again. I really hate myself whenever I eat anything. I feel so huge ><;
Okay! That's enough of that. Total non-Japan related. Sorry! I'll try to update more often ok ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment