Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rainy Season Hath Begun

And here we have the rainy season.... Or, as an article online put it, "Rainy Season Boot Camp." Meaning - no it's not quite rainy season, but the training period before it. Because it's only the end of May! We should have at least a couple days....

Oh well. Now is the time to be grumpy! First of all, I'm itchy. There are going to be bugs living in my room, due to the moist environment. I need to vacuum every week, lest there be a tick infestation. I need to find time to hang out my futon, or mold will grow. Mold will grow everywhere if I'm not careful.

Did I mention the bugs.

I want to buy a mosquito net but I don't think I'll be able to make it work over my bed, since it's a temporary room. Life is sad sometimes =P

I don't know where to run now either. I can try to take advantage of every sunny moment... That'll be exciting. =P

I do want to buy rain boots though, and maybe even a rain jacket to go along with my umbrella. I wonder if those are "in style" at all in Kinjo...? I feel bad enough wearing flip-flops when no one else does, hehe.

I'll figure it out! Two more months here. I'm half-way done. It's kind of bittersweet. I'll really miss my friends here, but at the same time, I'm not looking forward to the next month and a half being non-stop rain. Of course, once the rain stops, it'll be sunny - and that's when I'll need to come home! xD Oh well. It'll be awful summer weather. So that's one way to look at it.

Okay! Enough of this rant. Hope everyone is safe, warm & dry back in the States! <3 Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment