Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Gym

Ever so self-conscious about my weight (being surrounded by so many skinny Japanese girls!), I made the decision to go to a "nearby" Sports Center and try working out, instead of just running around the block. It is starting to get way too hot to be running around, but in a gym, there's AC. And it's nice.

My friend In-chan went with me. She's Malaysian but studies in Tasmania. She's pretty cool ^_^ The center is 30 minutes away (!!) so it's already a work-out going there and back... But inside is good too. The staff was very friendly toward us and slow with their Japanese. I'm actually surprised at how well I could understand them. To an extent, anyway. I'm glad In-chan was with me - we have the same level of Japanese but her listening comprehension is better. So she helped me a lot.

I figured we'd go in and have some fun on the machines, but instead they set us up in our own little... personal training. Or something similar. We were beginners, so they gave us a list of things to do and how to do them and how long. We worked out for more than an hour~ But it was really nice. ^^ We're going again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment