Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happenings~

This is how I'm counting down the days: 3 more days until it's halfway through June! Then it's officially 1 and a half months til I'm home! Luckily, they are going a little quickly.

I realize that my "counting down" is probably making people think I hate it here. I don't. I love Japan, it is an amazing country! And I don't regret for a second that I went. ^_^ But people need to understand that I haven't been away from my boyfriend for more than a month at a time (less than that; winter break is the longest I've been away). It's really getting to me. It's not that I'm not having fun here, its just me being lonely. Four months away, and he's suffering as well, which makes things even worse. He's working from 9-5 and then coming home to an empty apartment. Sometimes I sit back and think, how could I have done this to him? I was so selfish to want to come to Japan, I barely thought of how this would effect him at all...

I can talk about him because he doesn't even read my blog =P DO YOU, SEAN!? (If he yells at me later about this, I will be extremely surprised.)

So! Counting down the days. Meanwhile, there should be plenty of stuff to keep me occupied. There's a Pot Luck party tomorrow at CIEP. Meaning, all the international students are going to be bringing in special dishes from their home countries. I'm excited to stuff my face. I'm making "mini burgers" for them. Hopefully they'll be easy. Only problem is finding ground beef... There are 3 supermarkets around where I live. One of them is bound to have some beef. Probably not mini hamburger buns, or buns at all, but their bread is really thick - I can use that.

That's one thing I would tell potential study abroaders. Japan study abroaders. It's going to be difficult finding food you recognize. I've seriously underestimated how amazing Walmart is, or any food store, for that matter. When getting food here, everything is in kanji, sometimes katakana - such as fruit and vegetables, or imported foods. The latter tends to be extremely expensive. I have a picture of two cantaloupes costing Y9,000+, each! That's more than $100. For a melon. o.o;

But - anyway - Pot Luck party. That's tomorrow. Should be fun~ Then later this week on Friday, a big group of us are going to karaoke. Yay karaoke! I am going to miss it so much~ After this week, and then every Monday until I leave (I think), I'm going to be 'working' at a local kindergarten. Just sitting around, playing with kids, and being American. It's not exactly my cup of tea, I'm not a huge fan of kids, except that Japanese kids are absolutely adorable. Along with that, it definitely counts as work experience if I'm getting paid. I need whatever I can get for my graduate school application. My only work experience, besides that 1 day serving pizza at a carnival, is being a housekeeper at a resort. Wow, impressive.

Okay, so potluck, karaoke, kindergarten. Then there's going to be a presentation to give to a High School about America and such. Should be interesting. They don't speak English, and I don't speak that great Japanese, but whatever. It's an experience! And that's what matters.

tl;dr?: I miss my boyfriend but hopefully things start speeding up. 7 more weeks!

(Oh. And my knees have been killing me for the past week. I can barely walk. Everytime I stand up, I almost always fall back down. I think its from the exercising I did at the Gym? I'm not sure. They made me do stretches afterward, so its not like I didn't cool down from it. And it's been a whole week without improvement. No fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment