Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Little Preface

Now that I've gotten Blogger figured out, maybe I'll let you in on what's been going on, and what this blog will be about. In two months ~ March 31st ~ I will be leaving Morgantown for a 24+ hour plane trip to Nagoya, Japan, where I will study Japanese at Kinjo Gakuin until the end of July. And I could not be more excited.

I'm not too gifted at words, nor am I artsy enough to keep you entertained with stunning photographs, but I will do my best to chronicle my adventure in a pleasing manner. I'll try to keep my ramblings strictly Japan centered. That being said, there probably won't be too many updates until I'm actually there, but perhaps the journey up until that point will be interesting =]

Everyone reading this should know me, but if you're some stranger who happened upon my blog somehow, I'll give you a brief synopsis. I'm twenty years old, a junior at WVU studying Japanese, I have the best boyfriend in the world (back off, creepers!), and - as you would have guessed by now - I am going abroad this semester. My ability to speak Japanese is extremely limited. Do not try to have a conversation with me, I won't be able to keep up. I've only taken 2 years of it, and the past month I've been "auditting" Japanese 304. Not actually enrolled, due to the semester in Japan starting in April. And I haven't been doing much of the homework, so I'm falling behind in actual comprehension. But that's a story for another day. =]

So! Until the Big Day, I still have many many things to do.

  • Buy a plane ticket. Looking at ~$1550 round trip. Ugh.
  • Get my visa. For this, I need my CoE, which has yet to arrive.
  • Fill out some random forms Kinjo has given me.
  • Have my chest x-rayed for them
  • Send said forms!
  • Get a job??
Big problem with the latter. No one will hire me when I only have 2 months left in the country. Unfortunately, I'm in crazy debt. Don't let your school tell you that studying abroad is "surprisingly affordable." Cause it's not. I have a scholarship that's covering my tuition, and I am still about $2,600 short. Not sure where I'm going to get that money... But! That's another conversation for another time.

I really just meant to start a nice, quaint introduction. It turned into a ramble. ^^; Oh well. Til next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment