Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plane Tickets: Check

Finally! Time to take "buy plane tickets" off the list to do. It was a little less than $1500. It's the same flight we had seen before at $1300, super cheap, but they decided to be mean and increase the price >[ So we went ahead and bought it before the prices went up anymore. We like this flight the best because the layovers - while there may be two - they're only about 2-3 hours long. All the other flights had crazy layovers. Like, 8-10 hours. No thanks.

But! We got the flight. No more stress ^_^

To Do List:

  • Chest xray! Do it! I have the form, just got to go to radiology and get it done. Not too worried about this.
  • Visa! Get one! I have my flight number now, and I bought some kickass envelopes, so I could potentially do this tomorrow. Found a great tutorial on the NYC Embassy website - not too worried about visa anymore =] Priority: high
  • Forms! Fill them out! It isn't really much at all. Gotta get this - and chest xray - done to send in by the 18th. Priority: eh.
I think that's everything...? Oh, and packing, of course. Figuring out how I'm gonna get moneys from home. I'm gonna try to get a Japanese bank account once I'm there. According to Kinjo's orientation, they're letting us purchase an inkan - something needed for bank accounts. So hopefully there will be a workshop or something for me.

Ok, well, time for dinner.

STILL SO EXCITED. Yay Japan.

Til next time <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the form for the chest x-ray???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Don't worry. It's just a referral note from the doctor who gave me my physical.

    ReplyDelete