Saturday, March 12, 2011

Earthquake in Japan

Earthquake in Japan =[ 8.9 - a Tsunami too. Hard to get too much information about it because CNN is mostly concentrating on Hawaii and the West Coast. My prayers go out to each and every person in Japan right now, and I dearly hope you're home safe and sound. I know there's a body count of 300+ in Sendai right now, but I can't really make myself watch the news anymore. The video footage is really depressing.

For inquiring minds, this shouldn't impede on my trip too much. The major catastrophe was in North Eastern Japan - bless them. The airports I'm flying into are relatively fine, runways are apparently clear. But there is a "Travel Alert" I got in my e-mail from the Dept of State, urging travelers to not go to Japan for "non-essential business" that remains in effect until April 1st. This is due to the large number of aftershocks Japan is expected to experience. But I'd say education is fairly essential, wouldn't you? =]

Again, my thoughts go out to the Japanese caught by the catastrophe... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment