Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Residence Hall

Woke up this morning to find more earthquakes in Japan. They also seem to be getting closer to Nagoya... But, they are getting smaller and smaller. My parents are a little bit more than freaked out by the entire scenerio, but I'm confident it'll be okay in the days to come. I still have two weeks until I leave!

The good news is I also woke up to find information on my residence hall at Kinjo! And let me tell you, it looks so cute. I am pretty happy with it. =]

Isn't it adorable?!
I am on the third floor, which looks like the top floor?, which is both good and bad. 1) Penthouse FTW! 2) No elevator. Eh, it'll be okay. I wouldn't take an elevator to go three floors anyway, but I'm kind of freaking out about my luggage... I'm an extremely weak individual xD

Each room has it's own kitchenette, washing machine, and bathroom. Awesome!? I was scared I'd have to revert to living in a dorm-like room again. With - none of the above. Oh, also a veranda, which I know is typical of all/most Japanese rooms, but I'm ecstatic. I'm going to have to dry my own clothes!


The rooms also come with dishware, so I won't have to worry about that. "Each room is self-catered, equipped with desk, chair, bed, kitchen, washing machine, refrigerator, microwave oven, air conditioning, closet, shoe cupboard, cooking utensil and dishware, prefabricated bath (PB), veranda and internet support (optional)." And a rice cooker.

I love how Japan is so Japanese. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment