Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chest X-ray: Half Check?

What a frustrating day. Trying to find Radiology at WVU's hospital, only to forget to get myself registered, and then having to find Radiology again. I am so lucky I had Sean with me or I'd be crying in a corner, so absurdly lost. If you don't know me, you should know that I am so awful at directions, the "You Are Here" arrow in my brain is non-functioning, and the slightest corridor with only 2 adjacent hallways would have me so turned-around and confused... (Worst analogy ever. Hey, I tried.)

I don't know how I'm going to go 4 months in Japan without a boyfriend to cling to and tell me where to go. Especially when all the signs are in kanji!

Blah, whatever. I had a tough time explaining to the nurses that, Hey, I need the report of this to send to the school. It's for a physical. They didn't understand the concept of "paper copy" until the end of the procedure, when the mentioned it so offhandedly that I must have looked at them funny. "Oh, but if you want a physical copy, just go down to the records office Monday morning and sign a release form." ... THANK you.

I was kind of hoping to get everything done today and relax this weekend, but - it can wait for Monday or Tuesday, I guess.

To Do List:
  • Phone. Figure out how Skype's 2cents a minute works. And also find a cheap cell.
  • Money situation. Gonna try to make a bank account ASAP when in Japan, but got to figure out how dad's going to wire money over to it. Anyone know is US checks work at Japanese banks? <-- probably more trouble than it's worth.
  • Send everything in amg! I need that x-ray report so I can finally send everything over to Kinjo.
  • Get a haircut =] so I can look super cute
  • Stock up on necessities. I don't know how prevalent chapstick is in Japan, but I'm definitely buying like 10 before I go. (I have a pretty depressing addiction to chapstick.)
  • They mentioned bringing "American" things to show my Japanese friends (hopefully I can make some~). So... I'll buy a magazine or two before I leave. This might be done last minute at the Airport...
But aside from all that, I'm pretty much done! Which is such win. Just need that report. Please, please, please don't be a hassle to get! D:

3 comments:

  1. For the bank account, once you get one in Japan, get on paypal and make an account and hook you Japanese bank account into it, and your dad can just send you money that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were looking at that, but he told me it costs $25. So we're looking for cheaper ways.
    Probably using PayPal in the end, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lied ^^^ I'm a liar. Wiring money in general is $25. I can't remember why Dad didn't like PayPal.

    ReplyDelete