Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Visa: Check =D

Ugh. What an awful morning. To think I was worried about the actual X-ray report retrieval - instead I should have been worried about the journey to the actual Records office. Y_Y Well, I was originally going to get a ride from my good friend Amanda, but her car was being awful, and she was unable to. No problem!, I thought. I'll just ride the Shuttle!

The shuttle at my apartment is... extremely "flighty" in its scheduling. I haven't taken it at all this semester, due to my friend taking me to Japanese by car, so I wasn't sure what the schedule was exactly. So, I figured, I could just show up and wait. It was a nice day =]

Long story short, I get up to the bus stop, see it driving away, sigh a little bit, then decide to wait for another one / for it to come back. 15 minutes later, an office lady comes out and tapes a sign on the door: Only One Bus Running. 40 Minute Schedule.

Er, okay. I can wait. So... I wait. Meanwhile, my boyfriend Sean has been waiting patiently at the hospital for me. I feel really bad that I'm dragging him along for just a report retrieval, but I'm honestly so ridiculously lost without someone to help me with directions (see previous post). He helps me more than he knows. Plus, I didn't think it was such a big deal. I'd meet him at the hospital, we'd get the report, and leave. Easysauce.

Except once the bus came - 40 minutes later - the driver stepped out and said she was on break for the next hour. So typical! I knew there was a reason why I was the only one waiting for her...

So I go back to the apartment, call Sean, and like. Cry. Because I felt so horrible for making him wait this long, even while I already felt bad for dragging him along. Not to mention I had very little sleep last night. I tend to cry when I'm grumpy. o.o. But yeah, decided I'd just wait for the next bus, because he wasn't coming home anytime soon anyway - there was no one to pick him up from downtown.

40 minutes later again I'm finally on the bus. Poor Sean is tired and hungry and ever-so grumpy, so it was a silent trip to the Records office, getting my report, and waiting for the bus to take us home (omg). Worst morning.

On the BRIGHT side, I finally have all the papers I need to fill out and send, and that'll be done and over with and omgosh. So happy. I also got my Visa in the mail once I got home - 50 cheers for me!

So hopefully, no more stress for a while now. Or until later on when I get that stuff in the mail. Only thing left to do is work on getting a Japanese cellphone ^_^ Oh, and maybe study the language a little bit too. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment