Friday, April 8, 2011

First Day of Class

First day of classes were today! Only had 2 classes, but that's enough to write about =]. First class was Japanese 202 Kanji. Everything we went over was basically review, the lady thought we were dumb. In her defense, we were having massive brain farts, and boy were they smelly. I did learn some new kanji, so yay. Test next week. Gotta remember them all!

Next class was "Japanese Culture Taught in English" which is a class not necessarily designed for exchange students, but instead designed for whoever wants to learn Japanese culture while practicing their English at the same time. Only 4 English people were actually there - me, Chelsea, Nat-chan, and Ai-chan. The teacher revered us for being able to speak English. I feel awesome.

The classes themselves were fairly uneventful. Just regular classes. Except, the only people in our Japanese 202 class are me, Chelsea, and Nat-chan. Lol. I'm hoping the extremely small class size will allow us to advance quickly. Everything feels like review... I think because we bombed the placement test so badly. They think we're idiots.

Which we are.

I'm just kind of scared that my Japanese will not have improved by the end of the semester. I only have 4 months to WoW my friends at how well I can speak Japanese!! Not entirely confident about that happening...

We'll see.

After that, CIEP (Center for International Exchange Programs) took everyone out for free BOWLING. The bowling alley looked really cool - it was powered by SEGA, and the third floor was an entire arcade, and the second floor was karaoke and stuff. Only we weren't allowed up there and bowled for two hours instead. BUT it was a lot of fun! My Japanese basically only consisted of "Ah sugoi!" everytime someone got a strike or a spare. Fun stuff. =]

That's all for tonight. I'm gonna try to sleep in tomorrow, yay! My first not-so-jet-lagged weekend! Hehe we'll see how late I can do it. I usually find myself waking up at 4 or 5 and wanting to get online just so I can talk to people - even if I'm still tired. Bad Lori. Stoppit.

Tomorrow I'm going to Sakae for SHOPPING and KARAOKE. Excited!!

JA~ baibai!

No comments:

Post a Comment