Friday, April 15, 2011

A Lil Update: Classes...

Allo~! So I'm not as stressed as was in the last post. My second culture class was pretty awesome. The 2nd "international student - designed" class. The Chinese and the Koreans and the Thai and etc. were not in this class, just us English and French and Polish. And a girl from Malaysia & Australia whose name is In-chan and is new to all the other classes I'm in ^_^

But the class was pretty cool. Instead of talking about the history or government of Japan, we started talking about the actual "psychological" culture of the people - such as behaviors, gestures, traditions, etc. There was a neat graph on the powerpoint that showed where an American vs. a Japanese is "allowed" to be touched (friendly touch!) by other people. The Japanese were not to be touched pretty much anywhere, but the Americans touchy zones were highlighted all over. Apparently, because I'm American, I am comfortable with a friend of the opposite sex touching me virtually anywhere except my shins... I find something wrong with this study...

This class was in Japanese, but easy Japanese, and she reviewed everything with English afterwards. =] Very helpful.

At lunch it kind of dawned on me that I need 16 credits this semester to keep my scholarship. And I'm only taking 12 I think? Feels like enough already! But I'm trying to add two more "bull shit" classes to complete my requirements... Classes that shouldn't require too much work. So far I've added an American Culture class taught in English, which should be a lot of fun. Secondly I'm trying to get into an English class to see if I can get any experience teaching, or at least tutoring, and by getting some college credit out of it. That would look great on resumes, don't you think?

I haven't been taking too many pictures lately, if I've been taking any at all. Nothing exciting has been happening. And I'm kind of scared to say, my blog posts might start dwindling away soon. Today I got my cellphone (w00t?), and tomorrow I am going shoe shopping (because I finally got my scholarship!). I don't know what we're doing after that but I'll be sure to bring my camera along just in case.

^_^ Sore ja... mata ne, minna <3

(PS. I hit 2,000 page views! Hooray~)

1 comment:

  1. Fun Fact: I'm only comfortable being touched on my shins.

    ReplyDelete