Monday, April 11, 2011

Karaoke & Nagoya Castle

CONDENSED UPDATE TIIIIME. So sorry to those who follow my blog~ I've been so ridiculously exhausted recently. Last night I actually felt physically ill and had to stay in bed with my laptop. I cuddled up in the covers and watched some shoujo anime and j-dorama. (Kobato, ending of Hana Yori Dango movie, and first episode of Koizora - if you were curious). Another main reason I haven't updated is because of the tediousness of adding photos. Blogger is forcing me to make my own tables (for those who under html), which is fine, just annoying when you have to keep switching between Edit HTML and Compose. And then uploading the pictures takes ages on this thing. Probably because they're large files... I could change that.

So! I'm going to be quick with this. And direct you to my facebook in the meantime, because I upload 100% of my pictures there. On blogger, I tend to pick and choose.

Karaoke was Saturday night. I had a blast!! It was great. I went with Chelsea, Natchan, Ai-chan, Ai-chan's friend Chiaki (Tiaki?), and my old conversation partners Yuka and Akane! Whom I haven't seen in so long, and it was great to hang out with them again. They are SO cute. Akane took charge of essentially everything, it was awesome. She's really excited to have us in Japan. She's like our own little tourguide! Kind of.

Ah, but what a magical night. I'd go to karaoke every night if I could. Even if I don't know any songs =P! They have a magical thing known as nomihoudai, translating to all you can drink! At 7, you go upstairs to the bar with your glass, and they fill it with any alcohol you want! All night! Whenever! It was great.

The next day Akane and Yuka took us out to Nagoya Castle for hanami, or flower viewing. Wow, the area was so entirely gorgeous. I made a whole new photo album on facebook for the amount of pictures I took! =P I'm so glad I came to Kinjo in the spring. If I had missed the Sakura... I'd seriously be missing out on all that is Japan.

That night, however, I got kinda sick. Felt like I have been overexerting myself and was really nauseous. Makes sense though, every day since I got here has been this intense "ZOMGJAPAN" sensation, and its really taking a toll on my body.

Bright side is I think my sleeping pattern is back to normal. Unfortunately, my feet are in so much pain, its ridiculous. I think with my scholarship money (that I'm getting later today), I'm gonna spend it on a nice pair of shoes. That don't destroy my feet.

Yay.




Karaoke

Fun times!!

Nagoya TV Tower

Italian restaurant =D very cheap

Doria! Yummy.



Nagoya Castle


We had a picnic! Yummy.


Nat-chan, Me, & Yuka-chan <3



I really love sakura

This place was absolutely gorgeous!





2 comments:

  1. :( Sorry about the shoes! You were right to be wary of them. But otherwise I'm glad you're having such a great time! I can't imagine how exciting it must be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z'omg I'm so envious of you! It sounds like a totally amazing experience. Love all the pics you keep uploading. I can't believe how beautiful it is there. Glad to hear you're doing well & having a good time though. Thanks for keeping this journal updated during your adventures & studies. Ki o tsukete! ^-^

    ReplyDelete