Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Orientation, Day 3

I really don't feel like talking about too much right now, but I already put off the post about last night. Which was... very very fun ^_^ We went out to eat with our landlord, and at first I thought we were going to his house, and was therefore very nervous, but instead he treated us to an authentic restaurant! And the atmosphere was very casual and fun.

The landlord's wife pretty much forced alcohol on me, but I wasn't complaining! In fact, I was highly amused. I ordered a coke first because I didn't know any other drinks in Japanese! But then later on they kept asking me. "Biiru o nomitai? Sake?" Want a beer? Sake? Pretty much wouldn't take no for an answer, and I was too flustered to say, omg yes! Which is... honestly what I was thinking...

After a few drinks, everyone really loosened up, and I spoke in extremely awful broken Japanese (basically just throwing words out there with random particles I find relevant). It was a lot of fun. And I was very happy to be slightly communicating.



Nomnom. Delicious chicken.

The hotpot soup stuff we ate!

Ume Sawa. Plum-flavored Soda Alcoholy stuff.


Okonomiyaki



This morning, on the other hand, was not so fun. We took our Japanese placement exam, which included of a test & a 5 minute interview with the Japanese instructor. Honestly I could have done so much better on the test if I had studied (but I was too busy having fun last night!). I knew all the jukugo, which was great, but messed up on the rest. The last question was an essay, How did you study before coming to Japan? Or something like that. LOL. Umm! I can't even tell you how I did on that. Just... lol.

It doesn't really matter too much on how I did, though. Still in the same class they expected us to be in =] Plus 3 Japanese culture classes. 1 of those is a class that every student at Kinjo can take, only it is taught in English. So. Yay.

After orientation was over, me and Natalia and a newgirl Iona (who is not new at all, but a second semester student from England) went to Sakae and Ai-chan (Iona) showed us around. My feet are absolutely killing me. Turns out my new shoes are definitely not made for walking. I'm kind of afraid to take off my socks to see what has become of my feet. Damn carnivorous shoes.

But that is all for now! I'm exhausted. Probably going to watch the episode of Being Human I missed at home. Ja ne ^^

1 comment: